When you join the Y, you belong to a community of men, women, and children who strive every day to be healthy, confident, and connected.
NO CONTRACT. NO ANNUAL FEES. ACCESS EVERYWHERE.
We don’t lock you into contracts or make you pay for a year-long membership up front. Nationwide Membership included for no additional or daily fee.
Now, thanks to the YMCA's Nationwide Membership program, YMCA members have access to most YMCAs around the country. You can work out at more than 3,000 other YMCAs for no additional or daily fee. This means you can keep up your workouts on business and personal travel across the state and around the country.
Benefits for Members
- Unlimited access to the Massillon Family YMCA and Towpath Trail YMCA (YMCAs of Western Stark County)
- Option to upgrade to a Regional membership, which gives you access to all the YMCAs in Stark & Summit Counties as well as member rates on programs
- Nationwide Membership privileges at participating YMCA facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico
- Greatly reduced rates on classes, programs, sports and day care
- 60+ FREE land & water group exercise classes to choose from WestStarkY.org/schedules
- Child Watch - FREE babysitting for all members while at the YMCA working out or taking a class
- 10 days of priority registration for all 6 week classes and programs
- Fitness centers with weight & cardio machines, free weights, & trained staff to help you achieve your goals
- FREE fitness center orientation to get you going
- Open swim & basketball times (schedules found online, on our YMCA app & at welcome center)
- 2 Racquetball courts (Massillon Y)
- Adult only locker rooms with saunas (Massillon Y)
- 1 to 6 month membership holds for FREE
- Access to Personal Training & Wellness/Nutrition coaching
- Trained staff to help you achieve your goals
- Discounted rates for child care including preschool, before/after school, snow days, & school days off
- Discounted rates for summer day camp
- Discounts on building rentals and birthday parties
Income Based Pricing
You’re qualified for a reduced rate if your household combined income is less than $65,000 & you file a federal tax return . Just tell us your household income upon joining, the Y staff determines your unique rate right away, within two weeks of joining bring in a copy of your most recent federal tax return (IRS Form 1040), and your rate is locked in for a year.
|Western Stark County Income Based Pricing|
|Monthly payments based on HOUSEHOLD income (IRS 1040).|
|$55,000 to||$45,000 to||$30,000 to||$20,000 to||Under $20,000|
|AGES 29 TO 64, INCLUDES CHILDREN 0-5|
|1 ADULT AGES 18 TO 28|
|YOUTH / TEEN||10.00||17.00||17.00||17.00||17.00||17.00||17.00|
|AGES 6 TO 17, 10-17 FACILITY ACCESS|
|UP TO 2 ADULTS + THEIR DEPENDENT CHILDREN IN THE HOME AGE 0 to 25|
|2 ADULTS, SAME HOME, IN A RELATION-SHIP, & ONE OR BOTH AGE 65 OR OLDER|
|Tax included in list price.|
Discounts Based on Need
The YMCA is committed to providing quality programs and services to all members of the community, regardless of their ability to pay. Along side Income Based Pricing we also offer confidential, financial assistance through our "Discount Program" aka a scholarship. If you think this could be helpful for you, just complete this form, print, attach requested documentation and turn it all into the Y.
Monthly Auto Pay
A continuous monthly draft of membership dues from a bank account or credit card on the 1st of each month. You may cancel at any time by providing the YMCA staff written notice prior to office close on the last business day of the month. No long-term commitment required. The down-payment will be the prorated membership dues for the remainder of the current month plus the activation fee. Automatic payments start the 1st day of the next month.
When you join as an annual pay member you will pay a prorated first month PLUS 12 months. We'll waive the activation fee! For your convenience the membership will renew each year or you may cancel. Pay your annual dues in full with cash or by check and you'll save $15. Free holds available.
Short Term Membership
These memberships automatically stop after 30 days. Available as a single adult or teen/young adult. Short-term rates are more than the continuous Monthly Auto Pay.
Months 1-3 no charge; month 4-6 $10 per month, to be paid upfront (maximum of 6 months). Membership will restart automatically.
Termination of Membership
Membership will continue until you have completed written termination notice, available at the the Massillon Family YMCA or Towpath Trail YMCA. Notice must be received by the YMCA staff prior to office close on the last business day of the month. Annual memberships are non-refundable.
**Activation Fee aka join fee
An investment in the facilities at the start of your membership that is not payable again as long as your membership does not lapse more than 90 days.
- $8.00 (3 years old & older)
- Free (2 years old & younger)
A day pass is sold to anyone coming to visit the Y, but not coming as a member’s guest. Only individuals 14 and older may purchase a day pass. All children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult that has purchased a day pass. Anyone purchasing a day pass MUST have photo ID on file with us. No exceptions. Since it is contrary to the mission of the YMCA to be a sex offender, the YMCA does not allow such a person into the YMCA. Day pass sales may be restricted during peak days/times.
Member Guest Pass
- Ages 14 & Older - $7.00
- Ages 3 to 13 - $5.00
- Ages 2 & Younger - Free
Members must be 14 or older to bring a guest. The guest will be asked to provide identification, fill out a waiver, sign in and pay a fee per day. Youth guest ages 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Members may bring a maximum of 2 guests each day. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests. Any member allowing a non-member in the building dishonestly will risk the loss of his or her membership. Since it is contrary to the mission of the YMCA to be a sex offender, the YMCA does not allow such a person come into the YMCA. Guest pass sales may be restricted during peak days/times.
Insurance Fitness Programs
The YMCA Military Outreach Initiative allows military families to have free membership enrollment at participating YMCA locations, including the YMCA of Western Stark County. To qualify for the military discount, applicants should get an eligibility form on www.asymca.org/ymca-dod-military-outreach-initiative. They can present this form at participating YMCA locations. Qualifying categories include:
- Active duty personnel and their families
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Relocated spouses and dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel (minimum six month deployment; not geo-bachelors and family that has moved “back home,” away from a duty station).
The YMCA of Western Stark County also offers discounts for veterans, individuals recently enlisted in the military, and active duty living local. For veterans we waive the entire start-up fee, the newly enlisted receive up to a 6 month membership at no charge and active duty living local can receive 50% off the start-up fee and 10% off their monthly dues.